Ayurveda therapies are effective along with the intake of herbal medications and a balanced diet. However, the weight loss results may vary from person to person based on the body constitution (kapha predominance), hormonal imbalances and genetic factors.
Research suggests that a few extra pounds or a slightly larger waistline affects an executive's perceived leadership ability as well as stamina on the job. It is thus extremely important to have the right approach towards effective management of weight which requires long-term strategies and an integrated, multi-disciplinary approach.
At Niraamaya, our first approach is the determination of the appropriate weight according to an individual's body constitution and genetic background. As executive weight problems are commonly related to sedentary or irregular lifestyle, unhealthy dietary habits and stress, this can be managed very effectively by adopting preventive measures and periodical administration of life-enhancing therapies to correct the doshic imbalance thereby favouring an optimum level of fat metabolism.
Ayurveda emphasises that losing weight is not about starving or suppressing the appetite; it is about balancing your fat metabolism by rebalancing kapha. The therapies help in clearing the channels that are blocked with metabolic toxins and ensure a free flow of energy within the body so the doshas are in a balanced state. This will encourage an increase in fat metabolism along with the administration of treatments like Udwarthanam and Swedanam (steam) helping the body to eliminate the metabolic toxins along with fat.
- Shiromardhanam -Head and shoulder massage
- Abhyangasnana -Conditioning warm oil massage to stimulate circulation
- Gharshanam -Herbal skin exfoliation
- Udwarthanam -Dry herbal powder scrubbing
- Detox Anti Cellulite -Hot fomentation massage to loosen up fatty tissue
- Aavikkizhy -Herbal detox therapy by applying warmed bundles to sweat out the toxins
- Kashaya Dhara -Stimulates micro-circulation and encourages fat metabolism
- Shirodhara -Oil therapy for the head to de-stress and re-balance
- Nasyam -Nasal infusion therapy to cleanse the Kapha accumulation in the sinuses
- Lepanam -Herbal paste application for loosening up of fatty areas in the body
- Snehapaanam -Medicated ghee intake for internal oleation and detoxification
- Virechanam -Medicated purgation therapy to flush out the toxins